1. WHO WE ARE
We provide our audiences and customers with the tools to collaborate and share values, news, data, analysis, marketing solutions, and events that empower them to compete in today’s ever-changing environment. Our mission to connect brands and marketing professionals with the information and people they need to do their jobs better every day.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The personal information that we may collect from and about you broadly falls into the following categories.
2.1 Information we collect directly. You may provide personal information to us through the Services – for example, when you sign up for, order, subscribe to, or make use of any of our Services, consult with our customer service team, or communicate with us in any way.
We may also collect personal information, such as your contact and professional details, when you attend our events, take part in surveys, or through other business or marketing interactions we may have with you. You may choose to provide additional information when you communicate with us or otherwise interact with us.
In most cases, your provision of personal information to us is entirely voluntary. However, if you fail to provide such information, we may not be able to provide certain services or information to you.
The personal information you provide may include:
- Contact Information: When setting up a Bonzipal account to access or subscribe to the Services, you will be asked to provide certain information, including contact information (such as name, address, email, or telephone number), and professional information (such as job title, department, or job role).
- Financial Information: If you are paying for any of the Services (for example, through one of our online check-out pages), we may require you to provide a credit card or other financial information in order to process a payment from you. You should never provide detailed credit card information directly to Bonzipal via an unsecured form (such as email).
- Transaction Information: We will maintain a record of your purchases, transactional information, your Services history, and usage. We may also retain your communications with us and our responses.
- Partner Products & Services Offered on the Services: Third parties, such as our partners, sponsors, or advertisers whose services are promoted or advertised on the Services, may request that you provide personal information. Please see How We Share Information in Section 4 below for further details.
- Surveys: You may elect to provide information in connection with surveys in which you participate.
- Emails to Bonzipal: If you send us emails, you should be aware that any information provided in an email may not be secure or encrypted and therefore may be available to others. Please exercise caution if you decide to disclose any personal or confidential information to us in any email.
- Job Applicants to Bonzipal: When applying for select job postings at Bonzipal, we will ask you to send us your resume or other relevant information online.
- com: When using the Bonzipal Jobs Services (Bonzipal.com), you may elect to send us your resume or other relevant information.
2.2 Information we collect automatically. When you use the Services, we (or our third party partners) may collect information about your device and usage of the Services. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
We may use a variety of technologies (collectively, “Tracking Technologies”) to collect some of this information. Our use of Tracking Technologies is discussed in more detail in Tracking Technologies and Advertising and Analytics Services in Section 5 below.
We may use Tracking Technologies to automatically collect the information described below:
- Device Information: We may collect certain information about the device you use to access the Services, including but not limited to IP addresses for your devices, unique device identifiers, browser types, and browser language.
- User History: We may log certain usage information about your use of the Services, which may include a history of the pages you view. If you download and use any Bonzipal software or application on your device, the log files will automatically be collected by the application and sent to our servers when your device syncs up for the latest content available.
- Mobile/Location Information: We may collect additional information from you if you access the Services through a mobile device, for example, we may collect your unique device identifier, your device’s operating system, mobile carrier, or your location when you opt-in for us to do so. However, the degree to which your location can be identified depends on the device you are using (g.laptop, smartphone, tablet) and how you are connected to the internet (e.g. via cable broadband connection, Wi-Fi, etc.). If you enable location services for the Services we may collect your regional location data periodically as you use or leave open the Services. We may also collect your location information from your IP address or zip code.
We may also use location data internally or in conjunction with our third-party service providers to customize your experience and provide offers that may be relevant to you. Depending on the device you use to access the Services (e.g. Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, Bada, etc.) you may be able to control whether location data is collected from the settings on your wireless device.
2.3 Information we collect from third-party sources.
- Third-Party Sources: From time to time we may obtain personal information about you from third-party sources, such as public databases, social networking services, third-party data providers, and our joint marketing partners. Examples of the information we may receive from third-party sources include job title, company, location, updated contact information, and other demographic and professional information. We use this information, alone or in combination with other information (including personal information we collect), to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing and content to you and to develop and provide you with more relevant products, features, and services.
3. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the personal information that we collect through the Services to:
- Provide the products and services you request, process transactions, and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts.
- Provide support and improve the Services and manage system administration and security.
- Respond to your comments, inquiries, and requests and provide customer service.
- Link or combine information that we collect directly with information from third-party sources or multiple devices to help understand your needs, provide you with personalized content, and provide you with better service.
- Personalize and improve your experience and deliver content or features that match your profile and interests, including to show you targeted advertising as described in Tracking Technologies and Advertising and Analytics Services in Section 5 below or to deliver personalized content. Please also review Section 6 below for further information about Your Choices/How to Opt-Out.
- Send you marketing and promotional communications (in accordance with your marketing preferences). Please see Your Choices/How to Opt-Out in Section 6 below.
- Send you e-mail newsletters and alerts (in accordance with your newsletter and other preferences). Please see Your Choices/How to Opt-Out in Section 6 below.
- Perform statistical and marketing analyses of user behavior.
- Send you to push notifications via our apps or text (SMS) alerts. Please see Your Choices/How to Opt Out in Section 6 below.
- Conduct surveys.
- Process and deliver sweepstakes and other promotions.
- Award and honors submissions
- Comply with or enforce legal requirements, agreements, and policies.
- Evaluate candidate submissions for job postings.
- If you log in with or connect a social media service account with a Bonzipal Service, we may use this data to facilitate your sharing of information between the Bonzipal Service(s) and your social media service. This includes using Facebook or another service to comment on Bonzipal.com or an affiliated site.
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
4. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
- Sharing Information with Marketing Partners: Bonzipal selectively makes its postal mailing address list and email list, for customers in the United States, available to third-party partners so that they may provide you with information about product or service offerings, events, or promotions, which may be of interest to you. You may opt out of having such information shared for this purpose. Please see Your Choices/How to Opt-Out in Section 6 below.
- Third Parties Providing Functionality: We also work with third parties to provide certain functionalities on the Services and to improve the effectiveness of the Services and its content. Separate and distinct from information Bonzipal shares with third parties, third party companies may also use Tracking Technologies to independently collect and store information about you and your usage of the Services and may combine this information with information they collect from other sources. Please note, we do not control Tracking Technologies used by third parties, and their use of such Tracking Technologies may be governed by their own privacy policies.
- Third-Party Event Sponsors: When you register for a Bonzipal event (including any webinars, Ignite events, Elevate events, and honor and awards events), we may share the information you provide, such as your name, company name, postal address, and email address, with third parties who are sponsoring the event. You may opt-out of having such information shared for this purpose, as described in greater detail in Your Choices/How to Opt-Out in Section 6 below.
- Mobile Carriers: If you access the Services through a device or app, we may share your information with mobile carriers, operating systems, and platforms.
- Bonzipal Jobs: If you upload your resume onto Bonzipal.com we will share your resume with prospective employers when you apply to a specific job or have given us consent to share your resume via our employer database.
- Service Providers: Sometimes we need to share your information with our third-party service providers, who help us provide and support the Services and other business functions. For example, we use service providers to assist with the following: analyzing data, hosting data, engaging technical support, processing payments, delivering content, mailing statements to subscribers, email distribution, and providing customer service.
- Advertising Partners: We may partner with third-party advertising networks and exchanges to display advertising on our websites or to manage and serve our advertising on other sites and may share your personal information with them for this purpose. Please see more information in Your Choices/How to Opt-Out in Section 6 below.
- Organizational Changes: Should Bonzipal undergo a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization, or liquidation, Bonzipal accumulated customer information will be treated as an asset and, like other business assets, subject to transfer to or acquisition by a third party. We may also disclose information about our users in connection with a commercial transaction where we, or any one of our businesses, is seeking financing, investment, support, or funding.
- With Your Consent or at Your Direction. As directed by you or with your consent we may share your information with a third party.
5. TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES AND ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES
- Targeted Advertising: We and our third-party partners and vendors may use Tracking Technologies, such as cookies, pixels, and web beacons, and collect and store information about you when you use or interact with our Services, marketing communications, advertising content and/or third party websites, in order to provide you with targeted advertising based on your browsing activities and interests. These third parties automatically receive your IP address or mobile device identifier when you access the Services or third-party websites. They may also use Tracking Technologies to measure the effectiveness of advertisements, to personalize the advertising content, and to serve you advertisements that are relevant to your regional location. We may also use information collected using third party cookies and beacons on the Services and in our emails to deliver advertising about our Services when you visit third-party websites. To find out more about our use of Tracking Technologies as well as how to manage your preferences please see Section 17 below.
- Analytics and Ad Serving: Google, Chartbeat, Polar, PostUp, LiveIntent, Parse.ly, Outbrain, Quantcast, and Lytics are some of the companies that we use to serve to advertise and perform analytics on some of the Services. When you access the Services, our third-party vendors, including Google, use third-party cookies (such as the Google DoubleClick cookie) to serve you ads based on your previous visit to our website and other websites. To learn more about your choices and in particular Google’s currently available opt-outs for the Web, please see Your Choices/How to Opt-Out in Section 6 below.
- Cross Device Tracking: We (and our third party service providers) also use Tracking Technologies that recognize and collect usage information and information about the devices you use to connect with our Services and third party websites. When these tools are enabled, the data that we and our third-party service providers collect about these devices is used to enable delivery of product recommendations, advertising, or other promotional materials across your devices that are more relevant information to you, or to measure the effectiveness of our Services and advertising. They automatically receive your IP address or mobile device identifier when you connect to the Services or third party websites. This data may be combined with the same information from another browser or device if you use multiple browsers or devices. You may opt-out of this type of tracking/information collection by clicking here.This opt-out applies to the specific device/browser combination on which you are browsing, so you will need to opt-out on each device and browser separately. Please note opting out of targeted advertising does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive untargeted generic ads.
- YOUR CHOICES/HOW TO OPT OUT
- Opt-out Links: Any recipient of email notices may opt out of receiving them at any time. To opt out of receiving emails, follow the unsubscribe instructions located near the bottom of each service update, newsletter, or promotional email, or email your request to legal @ Bonzipal.com.
- Email Newsletters: You can view, change, or update any or all of your email newsletter subscriptions by going through the email preferences link in the footer of the email newsletter or contacting us at legal @ Bonzipal.com.
- Marketing Emails: You can view, change, or update any or all of your email marketing preferences by going through the email preferences link in the footer of the marketing email or contacting us at legal @ Bonzipal.com.
- Transactional Emails: If you are a print subscriber and do not wish to receive email bills, renewal notices, and other communications regarding your print subscriptions by email, you can email your request to legal @ Bonzipal.com. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving subscriber communications by email, we may continue to send you subscriber communications by direct mail.
- Surveys Sent by Email: You may elect not to receive surveys conducted by Bonzipal that are sent by email by using the opt-out link contained in such emails.
- Postal Addresses: Bonzipal collects postal mailing address information from you so that Bonzipal may fulfill the subscriptions and orders you submit and to inform you of Bonzipal programs, products, and services in which you may be interested. If you want to opt out of receiving marketing communications via postal mail from Bonzipal in the future, please send an email to legal @ Bonzipal.com. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving marketing communications by postal mail, we may continue to send you transactional communications about your subscription or orders by postal mail.
- Push Notifications: If you use a Bonzipal mobile app, we may ask if you want to receive push notifications so that we can send you updates, communications, and other messages about the Services. To opt out of getting these push notifications or other messages, you must turn off the push notification function in your device settings.
- Sharing with Third Party Partners: Bonzipal selectively makes its postal mailing address list and email list of customers available to third parties whose products or service offerings may be of interest to you. If you do not wish for Bonzipal to provide either your postal mailing or email information (or both) to third parties for this purpose, please send us a notice using the contact details provided in Contact Us in Section 16 below California Residents please also see Section 8 below. You can also specify that you do not want your email information shared with third party marketing partners by contacting us at legal @ Bonzipal.com.
- Third Party Event Sponsors: If you do not wish for Bonzipal to share the information you supply when you register for an event (including any webinars and recognition dinners), such as your name, company name, postal address, or email address, with the event’s sponsors, please specify this in an email to legal @ Bonzipal.com
- Turning off Tracking Technologies: You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a persistent or session cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off such cookies through your browser settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. However, cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies and may not disable HTML5 storage. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies. To learn more about HTML5 storage, see Section 17 below. It is important to remember that many of Bonzipal services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. For example, Bonzipal needs first-party cookies to log you in to the Services that require registration. In that case, you may set your browser to block third-party cookies and allow Bonzipal first-party cookies only.
- “Do Not Track” Signals: Some third party browsers provide “do not track” machine readable signals for websites which are automatically applied by default and therefore do not necessarily reflect our visitor’s choice as to whether they wish to receive advertisements tailored to their interests. As a result, at this time, Bonzipal does not respond to browser “do not track” signals or other similar mechanisms. Visit http://www.networkadvertising.orgor http://www.aboutads.info if you wish to learn more about your options to not accept tracking cookies for the purpose of receiving targeted interest-based advertisements. Please note that the-opt out is cookie-based and will only affect the specific computer and browser on which the opt-out is applied.
- Network Advertising Initiative: Some of our advertising service providers may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies. If you opt-out of receiving targeted ads in this manner, you will continue to receive advertising messages from us, but other members of the Network Advertising Initiative will not be able to target you based on your use of the Services and/or third party websites. If you would like more information about advertisers’ use of tracking technologies and about your option not to accept these cookies, click here. If you would like to learn more about how interest-based information is collected and to know your choices about not having your information used in this manner, click here.
7. RIGHT OF ACCESS
You may access, correct, or update the information you have provided to us. Bonzipal takes reasonable steps to ensure that the data we collect is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and up to date. You can update your account information by logging into your online account and updating your contact and profile information. You can view, change or update your editorial newsletter preferences, and email marketing preferences by contacting legal @ Bonzipal.com. You may also contact us at any time by using the contact details provided in Contact Us in Section 16 below.
9. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
10. HOW WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
To help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place appropriate technical, organizational, physical, electronic, and managerial procedures designed to protect the information we collect. Specific measures we use include installing anti-intrusion hardware and firewalls, virus scans, monitoring Operating System and software logs and applying software patches. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information.
Please understand, however, that while we try our best to safeguard your personally identifiable information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any social media or other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
To help protect the privacy of your own information, including maintaining the confidentiality of any account information or access credentials, we recommend you take precautions to protect the security of any personal information that you transmit over any public or untrusted network by using encryption and other techniques to prevent unauthorized persons from intercepting or receiving any of your personally identifiable information. You are responsible for the security of your information when using unencrypted, open access, public or otherwise unsecured networks.
Our Services are directed at a general audience and not directed to those under the age of 16. Bonzipal asks that minors not submit any personal information. Bonzipal does not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 16 years of age and if we obtain actual knowledge that a user is under 16 years of age, we will take steps to remove that individual’s personal information from our systems.
- HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION?
- ADDITIONAL NOTICE TO RESIDENTS OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (EEA)
13.1 Your Data Protection Rights
- You may request access to or ask us to correct, update, or delete your personal information by submitting a request here. You can update account information by contacting us at legal @ Bonzipal.com. You also can view, change, or update your editorial newsletter preferences, email marketing preferences, and alert preferences contacting us at legal @ Bonzipal.com. If you don’t have an account with us, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided in Contact Us in Section 16. We will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information, or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided in Contact Us in Section 16 below.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority (contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA, are available here.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request.
13.2 Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information
- However, we will normally collect personal information from you where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. Typically, our legitimate interests include: improving, maintaining, providing, and enhancing our technology, products, content, and services; ensuring the security of the Services; and conducting marketing activities.
- If you have signed up for the Services on your own behalf, we may need your personal information to perform a contract with you. In some limited cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
- Where required by law, we will collect your personal information only where we have your consent to do so.
- If you have any questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided in Contact Us in Section 16 below.
13.3 International Data Transfers
- The Services are operated in the United States. If you are located anywhere outside of the United States (including in the EEA), please be aware that information we collect, including personal information, will be transferred to, processed and stored in the United States. The data protection laws in the United States may differ from those of the country in which you are located, and your personal information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in the United States according to the laws of the United States.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION FOR UNITED STATES RESIDENTS/ARBITRATION/LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- CONTACT INFORMATION
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us using the details below:
For United States and other Non-EEA residents:
BONZIPAL, LLC Attn: Legal Department
P.O. Box 7 PC 116
Email: Legal @ Bonzipal.com
For the avoidance of doubt, it is important to understand that this opt-out shall not prohibit any disclosures made for non-marketing purposes.
- Corrections/Cancellations and Questions. Upon your request, BONZIPAL will provide you with its record of the personal information you gave BONZIPAL at registration. For security reasons, this information will only be sent to the email address on file for the subscriber ID associated with it. With respect to corporate or company accounts, aggregated or individual user history may be shared with the account holder, upon request. If you have any questions about this Policy or would like BONZIPAL to correct any of your personal information, you can email your corrections to Legal @ Bonzipal.com. We will endeavor to comply with your requests as soon as reasonably possible, but changes requested of us may not be effective immediately. We are not responsible unless required by law, to inform third parties with whom we have already shared your information of any changes requested pursuant to this section. We are not responsible for removing information or causing information to be removed from the databases or records of such entities.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us using the details below:
For EEA residents and the world:
For the purposes of EU data protection legislation, Bonzipal, LLC is the controller of your personal information.
Bonzipal, LLC Attn: Legal
P.O. Box 7 PC 116
Email: legal @ Bonzipal.com
17. TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
- Cookies: “Cookies” give users a special ID, which are small text files that are stored in the memory of a user’s computer, mobile, e-reader, tablet or other device used to access the Bonzipal Applications (“Device”). Bonzipal employs cookies to recognize you and your access privileges for certain locations on the Devices as well as to track site usage. Subscribers who do not accept cookies from the Devices cannot access many areas of the Devices. We use both “session ID cookies” and “persistent cookies.” Session ID cookies are used to store information while a user is logged into the Devices and expire when the user closes his/her browser. Persistent cookies are used to make tasks like logging into the Devices easier for returning users by remembering a user’s login information. Persistent cookies stay on a user’s hard drive from one session to the next. “Flash cookies,” known as local shared objects, are data files placed on a Device via the Adobe Flash plug-in that may be built-in to or downloaded by you to your Device to personalize your visit. Our third-party service providers also may use Flash cookies to collect and store information. Flash cookies are different from standard browser cookies because of the amount of data, type of data, and how data is stored.
- Web Beacons: Small graphic images or other web programming code called web beacons (also known as “1×1 GIFs” or “clear GIFs”) may be included in our web pages and messages. Web beacons may be invisible to you, but any electronic image or other web programming code inserted into a web page or email can act as a web beacon. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to the Devices, to monitor how users navigate the Devices, to count how many emails that were sent were actually opened or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
- Embedded Scripts: An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Devices, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your Device from our web server or a third party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Devices, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
- HTML5: We may use HTML5 in the Devices, including without limitation in Bonzipal mobile websites and certain mobile applications for the iPhone or iPad (and any other Apple iOS device). HTML5 has browser web storage that does not rely on traditional browser cookies. Like Flash cookies, HTML5 storage doesn’t use the browser “cookies” file. The ability of a user to disable HTML5 storage while simultaneously leaving cookies enabled is browser dependent.
- E-tags/cache browsers/web logs: Like most standard website servers, we log IP addresses (a unique number assigned to every computer on the Internet) and Device identification in order to improve security, analyze trends and administer the Devices. We may track your movement within the Devices, the pages from which you were referred, access times and browser types. This information may include the browser you are using, the Internet address from which you linked to our Devices, the operating system of your computer, the unique IP address of the computer or Device identification from the Device that you used to access our Devices and usage and browsing habits. We use this information in the aggregate to gauge the effectiveness, usage, and popularity of our Devices, track information for statistical purposes, help diagnose and troubleshoot server malfunctions, analyze trends, track user movement in the aggregate, and gather information. We may also use individual information we collect through web logs to send you targeted offers and other communications.